In collaboration with the CCT
In collaboration with the CCT’s Law Enforcement Officer assigned to the SWCID, Secure Rite as service provider to the SWCID conducts a variety of operations aimed at preventing contraventions and addressing a variety of safety and security issues in the area.
Some of the activities include the following:
- Safeguarding the area and ensuring that homeless persons do not sleep in the CID or beg for money from the public;
- Patrolling and surveillance of businesses and in the case of burglaries or robberies, the support of clients by the Public Safety Officer.
- Addressing the problem of alcohol abuse in public (within the CID).
- Joint operations launched by the CCT’s Law Enforcement department.
See visuals depicting amongst other things, the joint SAPS, Law Enforcement and SWCID operation in the vicinity of the bridge over the river in Somerset west.
- SWCID CCTV project: accompanying pictures show the installation of cameras by Secure Rite and the view of the streets from the control room.
- Voluntarily lending a helping hand to the public – for example when car trouble is experienced.
A newspaper article reported everything but to mention that this operation was initiated by the SWCID and that most of the manpower and resources came from the SWCID. Pictures also show officers assisting the SAPS in the operation and of where they are helping to remove structures (with the assistance of the SWCID cleaning team) as well as patrol officers show dangerous weapons found during the operation.
s Public Safety Officer assigned to the SWCID, Secure Rite conduct